Everest Base Camp Trek – A Complete Guide
Located between the highest mountain peak, Mount Everest the Everest Base Camp Trek is famous amongst the trekkers and is visited by hundreds of visitors every year. But before anyone visits the site it is better that they should know everything about the place. Below is a Complete Guide to Everest Base Camp Trek that will provide you with the idea of the trip
Sights you will see during your expedition to Everest Base Camp Trek
Apart from Mount Everest, you will also get a chance to exhibit the beauty of various other mountains and peaks during your summit such as
• Mt Lhotse (8516m)
• Mt. Nuptse (7855m)
• Mt. Twache peak (6367m)
• Mt. Makalu (8485 m)
• Mt. Cho Oyu (8201 m)
• Mt. Ama Dablam (6,812 m)
• Mt. Thamserku (6,608 m)
• Mt. Pumori (7161m) and more
The beauty of these sites will give you an overwhelming experience that you will never forget.
Permits required for trekking at Everest Base Camp
For trekking at the Everest base camp region, you require
• TIMS Card- It is necessary for every hiker to register his or her trek by receiving a TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) card from TAAN (Tourism
Agency Association of Nepal) or from Tourist Service Centre.
• Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit- as Mt. Everest lies in Sagarmatha National Park so you need Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit you can get it from the Monjo checkpoint
Belongings that you require to take for trekking in Everest Base Camp trek
Though Everest Base Camp trek is filled with various tea houses all around the route but their loads of things that you need to carry with yourself for a
comfortable and safe journey. The vital stuff that you should carry are as follows
• Waterproof and windshield jacket
• Gloves, thermal wears, cap etc.
• Good and sturdy shoes
• Mobile charger and flashlight
• Water bottles
• Sunscreen lotion
• Warm woolen socks
• Sleeping bag
• Camera with additional batteries
• The small first-aid kit that includes, band-aids antibiotics, Diamox if you have altitude sickness and antiseptic creams or lotions etc.
Train yourself well before the Trek.
To enjoy the trip comfortably, you need to train yourself so that you can tolerate the difficulties you will experience during trekking.
• Work on strengthening your muscles, Especially your lower body.
• To boost your stamina, it is better to perform cardio exercises like running, cycling and swimming.
• While exercising you must keep in mind that you are doing workouts to boost your stamina not to pressure yourself so avoid extended training sessions.
Trekking in high elevations might cause health issues or minor injuries during the trip. One might also suffer from viral fever or common cold due to weather conditions. Below are a few of the health problems that you require to be attentive of prior to your trip
• Altitude Sickness
The sickness is caused due to climbing to higher altitudes and if not cured in time can result in even death. Some symptoms of the illness are tiredness, breath shortness, increased heart rate, nausea, and dizziness etc. To treat this sickness take rest, drink water, don’t exercise and avoid climbing for at least 48 hours.
• Sunburn Issues
The higher altitude can also result in skin problems like the sunburn for that apply the sunscreen lotion daily.
If you are planning to visit Everest Base Camp Trek and need further information regarding the trek you can contact us on our website.