A trek on frozen Zanskar River in Ladakh zone.
Experience the winter in Leh and explore the winter lifestyle of the locals.
Ladakh Himalayan Ranges in India.
10 or more people per Group.
When is the best time to trek:
Chadar Trek begins and ends at:
Trekking Expedition Duration:
Difficulty level of the Trek:
Type of Accommodation during Chadar Trek:
Hotel/Guest house and Tents on a twin/three sharing basis.
An adventure filled fun time with easy to moderate trekking on a river bed with some splendid views of the nature.
Any individual between 18 to 80 years old, who are enthusiastic adventure lover and loves trekking with some or average fitness level.
Extremely cold, prepare for -15 to -35 degree Celsius.
Fly to majestic white land as there no other medium available in this time of the year you will be getting the first glimpse of the spectacular white dreamland sometime after you took off from Delhi airport. Upon your arrival at Kushok Bakula Rimpochee airport Leh
you will be confront one of the coldest regions in entire Himalayan zone. And this time Leh is really calm and quite as very less people travel to this part of India this time and locals usually stay in their homes most of the time. You can feel the deserted street and surrounding in this time and this is the best time to feel Leh as a clod desert.
You will find a thick white Chadar everywhere your eyes goes and the Chadar of your dream also not far from this place. Chadar means blanket and we are going to trek on it on the mighty Zanskar river which is most of the time wild in a year only in peak winter it’s get frozen and allow the local tribes to walk on it as the other routes to major towns are get closed by heavy snow. Locals of Zanskar region usually take the Zanskar Chadar to communicate with other areas especially Leh, this frozen river is the main route for them in the winter. And we are going to follow the same route on the Chadar for few days and make it our best adventure till date! Welcome to Chadar Trek!
Chadar Trek is a trek where you find the most number of frozen waterfalls on the way and a pin drop silent surroundings and a magical land which will beyond human imagination. Chadar trek consider one of the most desirable adventure for any adventure lover throughout the world and the mother river allows few times in a year to achieve it, so get set ready the finest adventure of your lifetime waiting for you. So get set ready to witness the finest adventure of your lifetime by going to Chadar Trek with our experience local team.
A vehicle will take you to Tilat Sumdo, from where the trekking begins. Attracting visuals, narrow canyon, mesmerizing icicles hanging from the top, shiny ice and night stays at cave camps with born fire will keep you engaged during Chadar Trek.
This beautiful trek will no longer be used in its current form after 5 years. A concrete road will take its place, making commute smooth and safe for locales.
Review Our Service @ Stride Travel |Trip Advisor
- 2 nights accommodations in a 4 star luxury hotel in Leh on twin/three share basis with breakfast (luxury trek only).
- 2 nights accommodation in a guest house/standard hotel on twin / three share basis.
- 6 nights’ accommodations in trekking route in a tent with twin/three share basis.
- Tea, Coffee, Break Fast, Lunch and Dinner in trekking route, all meals are vegetarian.
- Services of trekking guide, porters, helpers, cook.
- All required equipments like tens and sleeping bag.
- First aid kit and oxygen cylinder.
- Pick up and drop from Tilat Sumdo(trek start and end point).
What it does not include?
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Leh.
- All meal in Leh including 2nd days Breakfast(in Luxury Chadar trek we provide breakfast in Leh).
- The proposed Wildlife fees, environmental fees and other fees as being put forward by LAHDC and ALTOA or any other organization.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates, Personal expenses and tips Etc.
- Airport drop and pick up.
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, health or any other reason.
- Porter’s service to carry your personal luggage*.
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance and other travel insurance.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
- * If you need service of a porter then you have to pay Rs.650/- per day provided you book the same with us 15 days before date of commencement and maximum luggage limit is 10KG.
Booking Opening Soon for 2019. For any enquiry please send a mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Backpack (55 – 65 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
- Day pack (20 Ltr) is required only if you wish to offload your backpack to our support team.
- Trekking shoes (Sports shoes are not allowed.)
- Gumboot (must required).
- If you are not bringing Gumboot from your city then it is available in Leh hardware shops and can be
- purchased here itself. If your shoe size is 10+, getting a pair might be tough. So start searching as soon
- as you land in Leh.
- Carry 2 pair of synthetic track pants. Track pants are light and when things get cold you can wear one
- over the other.
- Carry 2 Full sleeve tees with collar.
- Fleece jacket – sweaters are highly discouraged.
- A full sleeve thick jacket (down jacket is preferable).
- Carry 4 pairs of undergarments.
- Get 2 pairs of thermal inners.
- Carry 2 pairs of sports socks. 2 pairs of woolen socks.
- Woolen monkey cap/balaclava that cover the ear.
- Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof). If you don’t have synthetic gloves, get two pairs
- of woolen gloves and a surgical glove.
- Hot water bottle/Bag – available at any medical store.
- Fleece Inner layer.
- Sun glasses, with 100% UV protection. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness. Sunglasses are mandatory for this trek.
- A woolen head-scarf or muffler.
- Trekking pole is mandatory.
- Light weight towel (should be thin, quick drying kind).
- Lip balm.
- Trekking Crampons.
- Cold cream and sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
- 2 Water bottles (1 Liters each). The insulated water bottles are good but even normal water bottles will sufficient.
- Personal medicine kit (Crocin , Avomine, Avil 25mg, Combiflam, Disprin, Norflox, Crepe bandage, Bandaid, Digene , Gauze cloth, Leukoplast , Cotton, ORS, Betadine or any antiseptic cream, Volini or any other pain relief spray, Diamox (to be taken only if required and but not as preventive medicine)).
- Personal toilet kit (minimal) and toilet paper.
- LED Torch with extra set of cells (head lamps are much more preferable).
- Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string (mandatory).
- Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available throughout trek).
- While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes.
Average rating: 1 reviews
Apr 25, 2018
Mind blowing and amazing
Amazing experience at Chadar Trek, We were frozen because the temperature was below -20 degree Celsius. It was mind blowing and amazing, beautiful sceneries of Himalayas, We Ramblers organized the trekking very well.