India is a fascinating country that lines up a number of great trekking routes in all corners of the country, and among all one sublime trekking route excites the trekkers the most and that is Leh. Leh is a wonderful place and also home to some of the best trekking routes around it.
The Lamayuru to Padum trek is one surprising journey that packs a lot of amazement among the travelers and offers a great deal of joy throughout the journey. The journey catches a lot of attention and is quite popular among the enthusiastic trekkers owing to the sumptuous destinations one gets to explore along the way.
The journey begins with your arrival in Leh and from there a nonstop 13 days extravaganza delivering you the best of a trekking expedition. Each day of the trek takes you some of the incredible destinations around Leh and finally concludes at Padum.
The journey commences from the famed Lamayuru Monastery, offering you an insight into the rich culture, heritage, and traditions of the region. The grandeur of the Lamayuru Monastery is highly enjoyable and the destinations like Lingshet, Karsha, Padum, and Kargilis equally compelling. The detailed itinerary of this journey beautifully outlines the thrill you will get to witness in the two weeks.
- Transport from Leh to Lamayuru and from Kashmir to Leh.
- Accommodation mostly in tents on twin/three sharing basis.
- All required permits for the trek.
- Full Vegetarian Meals and Snacks in the trekking route.
- Trek equipment.
- Services of trekking guide, porters, helpers and cook.
- Basic First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Services of trekking guide, porters, helpers, cook.
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Leh.
- All meals in Leh for the first 2 days and the last day of the trek.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates, Personal expenses and tips Etc.
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance and other travel insurance.
- Porter’s service to carry your personal luggage*.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
* If you need service of a porter then you have to pay Rs.650/- per day provided you book the same with us 15 days before date of commencement and maximum luggage limit is 10 KGs.
- Items to bring with you
- Trekking Bag (60-70 Liters).
- UV Protected Sun Glasses.
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes (Preferably Water Proof).
- Trekking Poles.
- Crocs Shoes/sandal.
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets.
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack.
- Good jacket to protect from cold.
- Wind cheater.
- Thermals – Top and Bottom.
- Poncho (for rain).
- Knee Cap 1 Pair.
- 1 quick drying towel.
- Sun blocks (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sun blocks.
- Toilet Paper.
- Wet-Tissue Papers/ Baby wipes.
- Headlamp, Torch with spare bat
- Trekking Socks.
- Gaiters for hiking in winter.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- 2 light weight trekking pants.
- 3 light weight trekking T-Shirt.
- 4 pairs trekking socks.
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates.