- Duration 1 night / 2 days.
- Indian Price Call Us
- Best Time March
- Difficulty Level Moderate
|Region||Himalayan Ranges in India (Himachal Pradesh).|
|Tour Activity Type:||Group Adventure|
|Group Size:||Not Described|
|Duration:||1 night / 2 days.|
|Best time to travel||March|
|Approx Trekking Km||Not Described|
|Trip Begins and Ends at||Kantlu / Kantlu|
|Maximum Altitude Gain||2, 712 meters / 8, 900 feet|
|Type of Accommodation||Tent|
Trekking is a fun-filled ride that delivers quite an amount of thrill and quenches the thirst of adventure. Trekking is not always limited to a week-long duration of a strenuous walk to admire the beauty of nature. Short trekking journeys are equally enthralling and a great weekend trek to a beautiful place can serve the purpose well.
The Prashar Lake Trek can be considered as a weekend trek which can be attempted with family as well. The blue water lake of Prashar is surrounded by the panoramic views of the Dhauladhar Range and is located in the Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh.
The exciting journey takes you through a dense forest and a number of rivulets to an elevation of just less than 9000 ft. Along the trail, the rural villages reflect upon the local culture and lifestyle of the region. The lake also offers some astounding views of the distant Pir Panjal, and Kinnaur Range along with Dhauladhar range.
Sitting beside the lake is the local temple, Prashar Rishi that reflects upon the Himachali architectural design and the total setting looks really captivating. A short 2 days itinerary is enough to indulge in this beautiful weekend trek.
- Accommodation Intents on twin and three sharing bases.
- Full Vegetarian Meals and Snacks on the trekking route.
- Trek equipment.
- Services of experienced trekking guide, porters, helpers, and cook.
- All required permits for the trek.
- Basic First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Day 2 accommodation is excluded for trekkers who stay back.
- Food during the transit is exclusive.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates, Personal expenses and tips Etc.
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance, and other travel insurance.
- Porter’s service to carry your personal luggage*.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
* If you need service of a porter then you have to pay Rs.650/- per day provided you book the same with us 15 days before the date of commencement and maximum luggage limit is 10 KGs.
Items to bring with you.
- Trekking Bag (60-70 Liters).
- UV Protected Sun Glasses.
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes (Preferably Water Proof).
- Trekking Poles.
- Crocs Shoes/sandal.
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets.
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack.
- Good jacket to protect from cold.
- Thermals – Top and Bottom.
- Poncho (for rain).
- Knee Cap 1 Pair.
- 1 quick drying towel.
- Sunblocks (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sunblocks.
- Toilet Paper.
- Wet-Tissue Papers/ Baby Wipes.
- Headlamp, Torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking Socks.
- Gaiters for hiking in winter.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- 2 lightweight trekking pants.
- 3 lightweight trekking T-Shirt.
- 4 pairs trekking socks.
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates.
Day 1: Baggi Village to Prashar lake
Baggi Village is located at a distance of 26 km from Mandi and takes about 1 hour to reach. As you reach Baggi Village set out for your destination, Prashar Lake at 8900 ft on a 5 hours trekking journey. Start the walk crossing a stream outside of Baggi Village and leading you to the forested valley.
Around a journey of 40min will lead you to the first landmark of the trek that offers captivating views of the snow-capped Dhauladhar Range. Follow a steep ascent ahead to get to the Trident of Lord Shiva, the second landmark. Another fifteen minutes of walking on the trail will lead you to the third landmark, a level ground.
Follow the trailhead out of the forest to get the first glimpses of the Pir Panjal, Kinnaur, and Dhauladhar range. Keep walking ahead towards the Prashar ridge and finally reaching the breathtaking beauty of Prashar Lake. Enjoy the bewildering views of the lake surrounded by the majestic ranges and the beautiful Prashar Rishi Temple. As you camp in the Prashar Lake region, you can also choose to explore the Tunga Mata Temple located 12 km away. Overnight stay at the campsite of Prashar Lake.
Day 2: Back to Baggi Village
The Prashar Lake has offered some fascinating views of the surrounding landscape. After you have enjoyed your stay in Prashar lake, today you will be retracing your steps back to Baggi Village and from there to Mandi. The descending walk can be tricky so approach with caution. As you reach Baggi Village after 4 hours of descent, take the drive back to Mandi.
Submit your review