- Duration 7 nights / 8 days.
- Indian Price Call Us
- Best Time May, June, Mid August to October
- Difficulty Level Moderate to Difficult.
|Region||Himalayan Ranges in India (Uttarakhand)|
|Tour Activity Type:||Group Adventure.|
|Group Size:||1 to 20 People per Group.|
|Duration:||7 nights / 8 days.|
|Difficulty Level:||Moderate to Difficult.|
|Best time to travel||May, June, Mid August to October|
|Approx Trekking Km||53 kilometers|
|Trip Begins and Ends at||Kathgodam / Kathgodam.|
|Maximum Altitude Gain||4, 784 meters / 15, 696 feet.|
|Type of Accommodation||Tents/Guest House.|
Traveling is an experience that is incomparable to anything else. It never fails to reward you with an unmatched experience of bliss and peace. The beautiful destinations, sturdy mountains, or the sandy beaches, every place has a unique touch. Not everyone takes the opportunity to travel, but at some corner of the heart, thrive for travel remains.
Trekking is that branch of travel that has benefited a lot of people from the early ages. Walking through the rocky terrains and raw beauty of nature to reach a milestone, this event can never be replaced. The Roopkund trek is one of a kind adventurous journey through the lush green beauties and exotic locations.
Located at the laps of the two Himalayan peaks, Nandghungti and Trishul, the trek offers unmatched peace and serenity through the soothing breeze, lush green terrain and finally the icy lake at the end. The 8 days itinerary to the Lake through this adventurous trail lights up the thrill you thrive for in life.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Loharjung guest house on twin/three sharing bases, 1 nights’ stay in Didna village
- homestay on twin/three sharing bases and 4 nights’ accommodation in tents in trek zone on twin/three
- sharing basis.
- Meals and Snacks during the trek (Veg. & Egg).
- Trek equipment.
- All required permits for the trek
- Basic First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Services of qualified & experienced trek guides, assistant guide, porters and cooks
- Transport from Kathgodam to Loharjung and return.
- Travel expenses to reach Kathgodam and return
- Food during travel from Kathgodam to Loharjung and return.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates, Personal expenses and tips Etc.
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance, and other travel insurance.
- Mules or porter’s service to carry your personal luggage*.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
* If you need service of a porter then you have to pay Rs.650/- per day provided you book the same with us 15 days before the date of commencement and maximum luggage limit is 10 KGs.
Items to bring with you.
- Trekking Bag (60-70 Liters).
- UV Protected Sun Glasses.
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes (Preferably Water Proof).
- Trekking Poles.
- Crocs Shoes/sandal.
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets.
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack.
- Good jacket to protect from cold.
- Thermals – Top and Bottom.
- Poncho (for rain).
- Knee Cap 1 Pair.
- 1 quick drying towel.
- Sunblocks (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sunblocks.
- Toilet Paper.
- Wet-Tissue Papers/ Baby Wipes.
- Headlamp, Torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking Socks.
- Gaiters for hiking in winter.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- 2 lightweight trekking pants.
- 3 lightweight trekking T-Shirt.
- 4 pairs trekking socks.
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates
Day 1: Kathgodam to Loharjung (2, 335 meters / 7, 662 feet)
Kathgodam is the destination you will be heading to and from there the journey to the remarkable lake starts. Kathgodam is unique for the beautiful and satisfying atmospheric conditions and finally, as you head towards your primary destination, you can relive the fairy tales that you always fantasized about. From the cozy and beautiful Kathgodam, you will be heading out for your journey towards Loharjung. Enjoy the drive on the narrow roads amidst the lush green beauties with vivid landscapes in the backdrop. Spend the night in Loharjung.
Day 2: Loharjung (2, 335 meters / 7, 662 feet) to Didna (2, 452 meters / 8, 045 feet)
The trail starts as you set Raun Bagad as your first stop on the trail to Didna village. The trail takes around 2 hours through mixed forests to Raun Bagad. The Raun Bagad is basically an iron bridge over the Neel Ganga river which you need to cross to move forward. The trail after you cross the bridge becomes a bit difficult so the good cautious approach is highly advised. Climb on the ascending trail and have a thrilling mountain hiking experience as you finally reach the Didna village. Spend the night here.
Day 3: Didna (2, 452 meters / 8, 045 feet) to Ali Bugyal (3, 450 meters / 11, 320 feet)
The trail to Ali Bugyal can be covered via two different routes. While you start the walk today, the Tolpani village is what you will have to cross in order to reach Ali Bugyal. The Tolpani village constitutes a number of clustered huts owned by the shepherds of the region. From Tolpani follow the trail in the northern direction towards Tolkaan. Enjoy the fascinating walk through the meadows and grassy oak mountains as you reach Tolkaan, walk further in the south direction before trekking through the ridge to come out of the forest and finally reach Ali Bugyal. Spend the night in Ali Bugyal
Day 4: Ali Bugyal (3, 450 meters / 11, 320 feet) to Patar Nachauni (3, 906 meters / 12, 818) via Ghora Latoni
Today the destination is Patar Nachauni which you will reach via the Bedni Bugyal. Start the trek towards Ghora Latoni for about 3 KMs on an easy trail to reach Ghora Latoni. Walk on the gradually ascending trail forward to come out on the other side of the ridge from where you get to enjoy incredible views. Ghora Latoni is an ideal place for spending the night and getting acclimatized to the rising altitude. You will be resting here sometime to give your body the needed rest before resuming on the journey to Patar Nachauni. Spend overnight in Patar Nachauni.
Day 5: Patar Nachauni (3, 906 meters / 12, 818 feet) to Bhagwabasa (4, 302 meters / 14, 117 feet)
The destination Bhagwabasa will be covered as you travel via the Kalu Vinayak. Today you will be trekking on a steep ascending trail to touch the snow line at 14,500 feet, and as you walk further on the snow trail the effects of rising altitude can be felt easily. Starting the day early is very important as your body needs the time to get used to the high altitude. Walk for around 2 hours to cross the Kalu Vinayak, which is a zig-zag path to the top of the mountain. From Kalu Vinayak, the walk runs on an easy trail to Bhagwabasa where you will be staying the night.
Day 6: Bhagwabasa (4, 302 meters / 14, 117 feet) to Roopkund (4, 802 meters / 15, 755 meters) and then back to Patar Nachauni
The day has to be started really early as you head towards Roopkund on an icy trail by a walk of around 3 hours. Enjoy the 3km hike to Roopkund and sink in the amazing surroundings. From Roopkund if the weather permits, climb a short trail of 200 feet to reach Junargali. After enjoying the incredible and the bewildering experience in Roopkund, you need to retrace your steps back to Patar Nauchani. The ice becomes slippery as the day passes, so great caution is advised. Spend the night in Patar Nauchani.
Day 7: Patar Nachauni to Loharjung
The journey is nearly on the edge of completion as you head towards Loharjung for the night stay. The trail this time runs through Wan and is a very easy trek back to Loharjung. Walk past the Oak forests as you enjoy the compelling and scenic beauty of the nature around you. Spend the night in Loharjung.
Day 8: Kathgodam
The adventurous journey comes to a successful completion as you finally head back towards Kathgodam. Enjoy the exhilarating road journey with amazing views and vivid grasslands as you reach Kathgodam. Spend the final night in Kathgodam.
Day 9: Departure
This is the last day of the expedition. You can check out by 12 pm and depart towards your hometown until we meet on our next expedition.
Submit your review