- Duration 5 nights / 6 days
- Indian Price Call Us
- Best Time Any
- Difficulty Level Difficult.
|Region||Himalayan Ranges in India (Jammu and Kashmir).|
|Tour Activity Type:||Group Adventure.|
|Group Size:||Not Described|
|Duration:||5 nights / 6 days|
|Best time to travel||Not Described|
|Approx Trekking Km||Not Described|
|Trip Begins and Ends at||Leh / Leh.|
|Maximum Altitude Gain||4, 095 meters / 13, 435 feet.|
|Type of Accommodation||Tent/Guest House.|
When you are on the premises of Leh, you cannot miss out on some of the most exciting and thrilling treks in the region. Leh is known for some of the most challenging and treacherous treks in the world. However, for the adventure lovers out there, it is just a matter of living and enjoying life to its maximum. On your next trip to Leh, make it a point to trek across the most dangerous yet fulfilling meadows & valleys of the world.
Tia to Dhomkar trek is amongst the most famous and perilous treks in Leh. Though moderately challenging, the Tia to Dhomkar trek can be tricky at times. You can span the majestic monasteries, local people, small villages, and the breathtaking landscape all around. If you are planning for Tia to Dhomkar trek, then you must know about the details of the same.
The Complete Route of the Tour,
On your venture to the world’s most exhilarating trek, you would need to cover a long span of major treks starting Leh to Tia. Then, you would advance to the Skindiyang to reach up to the beautiful Yarma Dok. From here, you need to proceed to the Smolchang district to finally reach the valleys of Dhomkar. The route of the trek traces back to Leh following the same path. You can be assured of a lifetime experience while trekking along the beautiful & serene landscapes of the complete route that could leave you spellbound. Start out on the most exciting journeys of your life through the Tia to Dhomkar trek in Leh.
The Detailed Tour Program of the Tia to Dhomkar trek
When you are taking the complete trekking route from Tia to Dhomkar in Leh, you can assume your journey to be around 6-days affair. Here, we are providing the detailed six-day tour of Tia to Dhomkar for your ease of travel.
- Accommodation in Tents/guesthouses on twin/three sharing basis.
- Full Vegetarian Meals and Snacks on the trekking route.
- Trek equipment.
- Services of experienced trekking guide, porters, helpers, and cook.
- All required permits for the trek.
- Basic First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Transport to reach and return from Leh.
- Final night’s stay in Leh is exclusive.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates, Personal expenses and tips Etc.
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance, and other travel insurance.
- Porter’s service to carry your personal luggage*.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
* If you need service of a porter then you have to pay Rs.650/- per day provided you book the same with us 15 days before the date of commencement and maximum luggage limit is 10 KGs.
Items to bring with you.
- Trekking Bag (60-70 Liters).
- UV Protected Sun Glasses.
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes (Preferably Water Proof).
- Trekking Poles.
- Crocs Shoes/sandal.
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets.
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack.
- Good jacket to protect from cold.
- Thermals – Top and Bottom.
- Poncho (for rain).
- Knee Cap 1 Pair.
- 1 quick drying towel.
- Sunblocks (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sunblocks.
- Toilet Paper.
- Wet-Tissue Papers/ Baby Wipes.
- Headlamp, Torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking Socks.
- Gaiters for hiking in winter.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- 2 lightweight trekking pants.
- 3 lightweight trekking T-Shirt.
- 4 pairs trekking socks.
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates.
Day 1: Starting from Leh to Tia
Once you are done with the breakfast, you can kickstart your adventurous stride from Leh to Tia. You can take a drive from Leh to reach Tia. On the route, you would come across some of the heavenly monasteries like the Rezong, Likir, and the Alchi monasteries. During the tour, if you wish, you can spend the night in a tent or some local guest house in the region. It could serve to be a great start to your exhilarating experience of the Tia to Dhomkar trek.
Day 2: Trek Tia to Skindiyang (8 hours)
This is a long-duration trek of the Tia to Dhomkar journey. As long as it might seem, you only wished it was longer. The natural serenity of the places around with amazing landscapes and picturesque backdrops, you would be overwhelmed to experience this journey in life. Before starting out from Tia, you can also do some local sightseeing including those of gompa, tingmosgang nunnery, tia nunnery and the local Lotsava Lamdon school. To start your journey to Skindiyang, you need to follow the village in the northwest direction. You can continue to take the ascent. Looking down, one can witness the glimpse of the vast expanse of green fields and the local village of Skindiyang.
Day 3: Trek Skindiyang to Yarma Dok (4 hours)
Once you have enjoyed the beautiful village life of Skindiyang, you can advance to climb on Sedcgan-la. Then proceeding towards the north and then taking a turn in the valley, you can meet some grazing animals of the locality. When you spot them, you can be ensured of the fact that you have reached Yarma Dok that is a shepherds place. You can also some witness some spotless greenery amidst the snow-capped valleys. You can camp in the upper part of the valley where you can get access to some fresh water as well.
Day 4: Trek Yarma Dok to Smolchang (3 hours)
You would need to cross the pass again. It can be a pleasurable experience to witness the surrounding landscapes and mountain scenery. Smolchang can be identified by the small patch of greenery surrounded by some boulder rocks.
Day 5: Trek Smolchang to Dhomkar (4 hours)
Again, you have to first climb the pass known as the Samun-la pass that goes down quite steep. Therefore, you need to be careful while descending. From there, you can spot the houses of Dhomkar to where to you can hire a car. However, you can save up a little energy to glance through the beautiful small village of Dhomkar.
Day 6: Trek Dhomkar to Leh
Once you have reached the destination Dhomkar, you can take your journey back to Leh through the same path. Or, you can also take the path to Dha-hanu and then drive to Leh. Do not miss out on the adventurous trek of Tia to Dhomkar while on your journey to Leh.