- Duration 5 nights / 6 days
- Indian Price Call Us
- Best Time Any
- Difficulty Level Medium to High
|Region||Himalayan Ranges in India (Jammu and Kashmir).|
|Tour Activity Type:||Group Adventure|
|Group Size:||Not Described|
|Duration:||5 nights / 6 days|
|Difficulty Level:||Medium to High|
|Best time to travel||Not Described|
|Approx Trekking Km||Not Described|
|Trip Begins and Ends at||Leh / Leh|
|Maximum Altitude Gain||4, 380 meters / 14, 370 feet|
|Type of Accommodation||Local Houses./Home stays|
A remarkable trekking and traveling destination in the country, Leh has never failed to live up to the standards and expectations of the travelers. Created with the utmost beauty of nature in every direction, each and every trekking route originating from Leh is really overwhelming. The more you set out to explore this region, the more you will be surprised.
The Zingchen to Chilling Homestay Trek is a short span trekking journey in this fascinating location that takes you through the unmatched beauty of nature offering you a new surprise in each and every turn. From the barren landscapes of the region to nature’s bliss in the Hemis National Park, the journey is well crafted to deliver you a sumptuous trekking extravaganza.
The route is lined in the Leh region, so the journey begins after you arrive in Leh. From Leh, the first destination in your list is Zingchen and from there an enthralling journey to Rumbak.
The difficulty level of this trek is nothing more than moderate but the enticing journey will never fail to impress you in any dimension. A short itinerary of 5 days is well suited for travelers looking to have a delve into the culture and heritage of the region and still not compromise on the adventure part. The journey will let you explore a number of beautiful villages and monasteries, it will take you to an astounding elevation of 4380 m at Ganda La, it will deliver you a remarkable experience of Homestay, and above all the exploration of rich flora and fauna in the Hemis National Park is truly enchanting. The detailed itinerary guides you well into the journey.
- Accommodation in Homestays/Guesthouses on twin/three sharing basis.
- Food during the trek (Vegetarian).
- Trek equipment.
- Services of experienced trekking guide, porters, helpers and cook.
- All required permits for the trek.
- Basic First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Travel expenses/Transport to reach Srinagar and return.
- Food during the transit from Srinagar to Panikhar base camp and from Chaudraiman to Srinagar.
- Final night accommodation after reaching Srinagar.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates, Personal expenses and tips Etc.
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance and other travel insurance.
- Porter’s service to carry your personal luggage*.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
* If you need service of a porter then you have to pay Rs.650/- per day provided you book the same with us 15 days before the date of commencement and maximum luggage limit is 10 KGs.
Items to bring with you.
- Items to bring with you
- Trekking Bag (60-70 Liters).
- UV Protected Sun Glasses.
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes (Preferably Water Proof).
- Trekking Poles.
- Crocs Shoes/sandal.
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets.
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack.
- Good jacket to protect from cold.
- Wind cheater.
- Thermals – Top and Bottom.
- Poncho (for rain).
- Knee Cap 1 Pair.
- 1 quick drying towel.
- Sun blocks (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sun blocks.
- Toilet Paper.
- Wet-Tissue Papers/ Baby wipes.
- Headlamp, Torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking Socks.
- Gaiters for hiking in winter.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- 2 light weight trekking pants.
- 3 light weight trekking T-Shirt.
- 4 pairs trekking socks.
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates.
Day 1: Arrival in Leh
The very first day will be dedicated to your arrival in Leh and followed by the exploration of this incredible destination. Leh is hugely popular among enthusiastic travelers owing to the vivid landscapes, natural setting, and beautiful monasteries. The Leh Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport is where you will be landing. As you reach this magnificent destination, spend the time in hand exploring the region. A number of beautiful sightseeing options in and around Leh make the stay even more interesting. While you are in Leh, visit the Shey Gompa, Leh Palace, Thiksey Monastery among the other beautiful places. The setting of the famed Shanti Stupa is a sight to savor. The panoramic delight of the surrounding area is a treat to the eyes. Enjoy the first night in Leh.
Day 2: Leh to Rumbak via Zingchen
The journey begins with your departure from Leh as you set out for the beautiful Rumbak Village. A total of 5 hours journey takes you through some really remarkable places. The likes of Zingchen and Hemis National Park is the most exciting part of the trail. Start the journey with a drive to Zingchen on the beautiful roads of Leh. As you reach Zingchen, the trekking journey commences with Rumbak Village as the destination. As you start walking to the Rumbak Village the Hemis National Park falls in the way. The Hemis National Park has a very beautiful setting offering nature’s extravaganza at it’s very best and is also renowned for being the dwell of the very beautiful Snow Leopard. Follow the trail that runs along a narrow valley till you reach the Rumbak Village. In Rumbak Village you will get an opportunity to spend the night in a local house or Homestay.
Day 3: Rumbak to Yurutse
A short journey ahead today of not more than 3 hours, the walk through the raw brilliance of nature and wilderness leads you to Yurutse. Start the day by indulging in a traditional Ladakhi breakfast and begin the walk. As you reach Yurutse after a couple of hours, you can choose to explore the region well. Wildlife sightseeing is a very good option to get the best out of this location. Enjoy the night at the local Homestay.
Day 4: Yurutse to Kaya.
A long journey awaits you on the 4th day of the trek as you will walking to Kaya on a thrilling path. A perfect trail for an adventurous, the walk to Kaya takes about 7 hours in total and offers the best of an adrenaline rush. The journey begins out of Yurutse on the trail along the mountains followed by a small valley. Follow the trail ahead to get to the highest point of the journey, 4, 380 meters, the Ganda La. joy the picturesque beauty of the surrounding before resuming on the descending walk to get to Kaya Village. Walk further for a couple of hours to get to the enchanting Markha Valley. A few hundred meters walk further finally leads you to the beautiful Kaya Village. Stay the night in the local homestay.
Day 5: Kaya to Leh via Chilling
The very final day of the journey constitutes of a walk to the last destination of the route, Chilling and from there a drive back to Leh. A total travel time of 3 hours to Chilling begins early out of the Kaya Village. Follow the designated trail that passes through the amazing Zanskar River to get to your destination, Chilling. Enjoy the beauty of the region before taking the final ride back to Leh. You will get to Leh before evening, so the last day in this region can be spent strolling the streets and the marketplaces. Spend a quaint final night in Leh.
Day 6: Departure
This is the last day of the expedition. You can check out by 12 pm and depart towards your hometown until we meet in our next expedition