Dudh Kunda Trek, 8 Days 9 Nights.
Region: Himalayan Ranges in Nepal
Dudh Kunda Trek Type: Group Adventure.
Trek Begins and Ends at: Kathmandu/Kathmandu.
Trekking Duration: 8 Nights /9 Days
The difficulty level of Dudh Kunda Trek: Moderate
Maximum Altitude Gain: 4,560 meters/14,960 feet.
Type of Accommodation during Dudh Kunda Trek: Tent/Guest House.
Located on the Nombar Mountain of the Everest Range, the Dudh Khola or the Lake of Milk trek is a great way to rejoice in the traditional practices of the Hindus and Buddhists along with the pukka display of the surrounding region. The Taskin Bu and Beni, are two destinations that have still kept the authentic traditions in practice. The Dudh Kunda Trek is blessed with outstanding mountain scenery, pristine lakes, waterfalls, rich flora, and fauna including the beautiful Rhododendrons and a great number of migratory birds. Phaplu is the first destination on the journey. Pike Hiking is one of the adventurous things to try in this journey. Witness the beautiful locations which include Kathmandu – Phaplu – Takshindu – Beni – Dudhkunda – Ringmo – Phaplu and finally back in Kathmandu.
The Dudh Kunda Trek in Nepal takes you through the less traveled paths, presents with compelling views of the mighty Everest, Pikey, Numbur, and many other ranges. The trek also gives you an insight into the culture & heritage of the area, the lifestyle of the locals, and the diverse flora and fauna of the region. Dudh Kunda is also known as the ‘Lake of Milk’ and the 10 days itinerary of the trek will present you with astounding mountain views, cascading waterfalls, serene lakes, migratory birds, and much more. The trail passes through the villages of rich religious values, the Taksindu and Beni. The region is mainly populated with Sherpa, Tamang, Rai, and Magar ethnics. Sink in the beautiful culture and hospitality of the locals.
- Airport pick-up and drop-offs to the international terminal.
- Domestic airport transfers.
- All meals during the trek (Vegetarian).
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (2 nights).
- Local transports.
- Accommodation during the trekking period.
- Domestic return flights (If applicable).
- Certified guide.
- Trek completion certificate by Nepal Govt.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- The porter will carry only one luggage per person.
- All necessary permits.
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader).
Please Note: For single trekker we provide porter cum guide.
What it does not include?
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
- Drinking water throughout the trip.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates Etc.
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight cancellation, health or any other reason.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Nepalese visa fee. (For Non-Indian and Non-Nepali customers)
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance, and other travel insurance.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
- Trekking Bag.
- UV Protected Sun Glasses.
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes (Preferably Water Proof).
- Trekking Poles.
- Crocs Shoes/sandal.
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets.
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack.
- Good jacket to protect from cold.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Thermals – Top and Bottom.
- Poncho (for rain).
- Knee Cap 1 Pair.
- 1 quick drying towel.
- Sunblocks (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sunblocks.
- Toilet Paper.
- Wet-Tissue Papers/ Baby Wipes.
- Headlamp, Torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking Socks.
- Gaiters for hiking in winter.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- 2 lightweight trekking pants.
- 3 lightweight trekking T-Shirt.
- 4 pairs trekking socks.
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates.
- Small, basic first aid kit( a cough and/or cold medicine, headache pills etc.).