- A Trek to the high altitude Gokyo Lakes in Nepal.
- Cross over many mountains and trek on the glaciers.
- Experience the warmth of the local Sherpa culture during Gokyo Lakes Trek.
- Visit some scenic Monasteries.
- Gokyo Lakes Trek gives you a spectacular panoramic view of the Himalayan Ranges.
- See many high peaks with height of 8000 meters or more[/su_box]
Himalayan Ranges in India.
1 to 16 People per Group.
When is the best time for Gokyo Lakes Trek:
Mid March to mid June and September to December.
Gokyo Lakes Trek Begins and Ends at:
Difficulty level of the Gokyo Lakes:
Hotel or tea houses on a twin sharing basis.
Gokyo Lakes are part of the world’s highest freshwater lake systems. The Gokyo Lake’s scenic beauty has been admired world over and trekking to these marvellous Gokyo Lakes is a dream of every trekking enthusiast. The clear and pure waters of these Gokyo Lakes, the gigantic views of the high peak Himalayan Mountains, the Buddhist culture and beauty of the Himalayas, make this a unique experience.
The journey starts from Kathmandu with a small mountain aircraft to Lukla and the trekking starts once we land at Lukla. The trail will pass through some Buddhist villages, beautiful monasteries and mountains. There are several hanging bridges on this trail to cross over the Dudh Koshi River that flows beside the trail for most part of the time. We enter the trek in an alpine region. As we proceed further to reach Gokyo Lakes, the landscapes change and we enter a Nival zone that gets to zone glaciers and high peak mountains.
On your trek to the Gokyo Lakes, you will cross the Sherpa heartland where one from every house has climbed the Mt. Everest. The views of several high ranks peaks such as Mount Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, Nuptse and Pumori will mesmerize you with their beauty. You will go past the Ngozumpa glacier as well as its Ice Falls during your hike to the 5th Gokyo Lakes.
Check Our Gokyo Lakes Trek Reviews @ Stride Travel
Review Our Service @ Stride Travel |Trip Advisor
- Airport pick up and drop for international terminal.
- Domestic airport transfers.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (2 nights).
- Accommodation during the trekking period (10 nights).
- Domestic return flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu).
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS).
- Certified guide.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader).
- All government and local taxes.
Please Note: For single trekker we provide porter cum guide.
What it does not include?
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
- Food and drinking water throughout the trip.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates Etc.
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight cancellation, health or any other reason.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.).
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance and other travel insurance.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
- Nepalese visa fee.
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s).
- Trekking Bag.
- UV Protected Sun Glasses.
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes (Preferably Water Proof).
- Trekking Poles.
- Crocs Shoes/sandal.
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets.
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack.
- Good jacket to protect from cold.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Thermals – Top and Bottom.
- Poncho (for rain).
- Knee Cap 1 Pair.
- 1 quick drying towel.
- Sun blocks (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sun blocks.
- Toilet Paper.
- Wet-Tissue Papers/ Baby wipes.
- Headlamp, Torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking Socks.
- Gaiters for hiking in winter.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- 2 light weight trekking pants.
- 3 light weight trekking T-Shirt.
- 4 pairs trekking socks.
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates.
- Small, basic first aid kit(cough and/or cold medicine, headache pills etc.).