Makalu Base Camp Trek, 20 Nights 21 Days.
Region: Himalayan Ranges in Nepal.
Makalu Base Camp Trek Type: Group Adventure.
Trek Begins and Ends at: Kathmandu/Kathmandu.
Trekking Duration: 20 Nights / 21 Days.
The difficulty level of Makalu Base Camp Trek: Difficult.
Maximum Altitude Gain: 4,870 meters / 15,978 feet.
Type of Accommodation during Makalu Base Camp Trek: Tent/Guest House.
One of the most adrenaline pumping trekking routes in Nepal, the Makalu Base Camp trek journey packs unmatched thrill and adventure along the way. The Unforgiving High Altitude terrains, snow-clad mountains, and the traditional Himalayan Lifestyle make up for the most part of the journey. A serene and incredible setting of the trail makes it ideal for trekkers who wish to enjoy the extravaganza of nature in our solitude. The UNESCO World Heritage Sights of Kathmandu marks the beginning of the journey, and the thrilling ride continues for over another 20 days. Kathmandu – Chirchira – Num – Sedwa – Tashigaon – Khongma Danda – Dobate – Yangri Kharka – Langmale Kharka – Makalu Base Camp – Yangri Kharka – Dobate – Khongma Danda – Tashigaon – Sedwa – Num – Tumlingtar – Kathmandu is the outlined itinerary of the journey.
Trekking is just another dimension of traveling, that is more concerned with presenting you with utmost adventure and thrill and let you witness the most amazing and vivid landscapes of the best destinations in the world. The Makalu Base Camp trek in the heart of Nepal is extremely captivating and the unique experience it delivers is beyond expectations. Let us look into the 21 days itinerary to help you plan the best trekking journey of your life.
- Airport pick-up and drop-offs to the international terminal.
- Domestic airport transfers.
- All meals during the trek (Vegetarian).
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (2 nights).
- Local transports.
- Accommodation during the trekking period.
- Domestic return flights (If applicable).
- Certified guide.
- Trek completion certificate by Nepal Govt.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- The porter will carry only one luggage per person.
- All necessary permits.
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
Please Note: For single trekker we provide porter cum guide.
What it does not include?
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
- Drinking water throughout the trip.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates Etc.
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight cancellation, health or any other reason.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Nepalese visa fee. (For Non-Indian and Non-Nepali customers)
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance, and other travel insurance.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s).
- Trekking Bag.
- UV Protected Sun Glasses.
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes (Preferably Water Proof).
- Trekking Poles.
- Crocs Shoes/sandal.
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets.
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack.
- Good jacket to protect from cold.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Thermals – Top and Bottom.
- Poncho (for rain).
- Knee Cap 1 Pair.
- 1 quick drying towel.
- Sunblocks (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sunblocks.
- Toilet Paper.
- Wet-Tissue Papers/ Baby Wipes.
- Headlamp, Torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking Socks.
- Gaiters for hiking in winter.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- 2 lightweight trekking pants.
- 3 lightweight trekking T-Shirt.
- 4 pairs trekking socks.
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates.
- Small, basic first aid kit(a cough and/or cold medicine, headache pills etc.).
We recommend and request for using natural stream water for drinking purpose. This can be purified using the water purifying drops/tablets. We have two reasons to request this to you, 1: It helps in not dumping plastic in the world’s remotest area and 2: its saves your money as mineral water price is very high in trekking zone.