- Duration 7 Nights / 8 Days
- Indian Price Call Us
- Best Time Feb
- Difficulty Level Easy
|Region||Himalayan Ranges in Nepal|
|Tour Activity Type:||Group Adventure|
|Group Size:||Not Described|
|Duration:||7 Nights / 8 Days|
|Best time to travel||Feb|
|Approx Trekking Km||Not Described|
|Trip Begins and Ends at||Kathmandu/Kathmandu|
|Maximum Altitude Gain||1,980 meters / 6,496 feet|
|Type of Accommodation||Tent/Guest Hous|
The route lies close to the very famous Annapurna trekking trail, still, the remoteness of the destination is quite appealing. At an elevation of 1980 m, the small village of Siklis vividly displays the setting and culture of a traditional Gurung village. The village is set overlooking the Annapurna IV and Annapurna II along with the grandeur of the Lamjung Himal, which makes the destination quite popular among the trekkers. The rich flora and fauna of the region along with the views of the Annapurna Group of Peaks, Lamjung Himal, and Mt. Manaslu is enthralling in every aspect. The outlined itinerary of the entire Siklis Trek is Kathmandu – Kalikasthan – Lamakhet -Siklis – Galekharka – Hyangja – Pokhara – Kathmandu.
Trekking is an adventurous journey, filled with passion and dedication. It allows you to experience thrill and grandeur at its very best. The Siklis Trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal takes you through the less developed rural parts of the country and offers you the most thunderous views of the complete Annapurna range, Ganesh Himal, and Mt. Manaslu.
Explore the rich flora and fauna and have a closer insight into the lifestyle of the locals in the well kept traditional Gurung village of Siklis. Experience the beauty of nature through the pine and oak trees, the majestic mountain views, and the well maintained rustic flair of the village through the 8 days itinerary.
What does it include
- Airport pick-up and drop-offs to the international terminal.
- Domestic airport transfers.
- All meals during the trek (Vegetarian).
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (2 nights).
- Local transports.
- Accommodation during the trekking period.
- Domestic return flights (If applicable).
- Certified guide.
- Trek completion certificate by Nepal Govt.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- The porter will carry only one luggage per person.
- All necessary permits.
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader).
Please Note: For single trekker we provide porter cum guide.
What it does not include?
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
- Drinking water throughout the trip.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates Etc.
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight cancellation, health or any other reason.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Nepalese visa fee. (For Non-Indian and Non-Nepali customers)
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance, and other travel insurance.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
Items to bring with you
- Trekking Bag.
- UV Protected Sun Glasses.
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes (Preferably Water Proof).
- Trekking Poles.
- Crocs Shoes/sandal.
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets.
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack.
- Good jacket to protect from cold.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Thermals – Top and Bottom.
- Poncho (for rain).
- Knee Cap 1 Pair.
- 1 quick drying towel.
- Sunblocks (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sunblocks.
- Toilet Paper.
- Wet-Tissue Papers/ Baby Wipes.
- Headlamp, Torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking Socks.
- Gaiters for hiking in winter.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- 2 lightweight trekking pants.
- 3 lightweight trekking T-Shirt.
- 4 pairs trekking socks.
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates.
- Small, basic first aid kit(a cough and/or cold medicine, headache pills etc.).
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu.
The journey starts with your arrival in the capital of the country, Kathmandu. The city is the right perfect combination of culture and heritage with enthralling views of the distant mountains. Explore the UNESCO World Heritage sights and indulge in a great time with the locals. Enjoy the finest and most authentic Nepalese cuisine in Kathmandu and stroll around the marketplaces to experience a great time. Stay the night in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Kathmandu to Kalikashthan via Pokhara.
To reach Kalikashthan from Kathmandu you will have to start the journey on a drive through the beautiful Pokhara village. From Pokhara follow the road that will take you to the Biajayapur Khola. The trail from Bijayapur passes through Rakhigaon and Chautara village along beautiful rice fields.
Follow the road as it climbs on top of a ridge through Brahmin and Sherpa culture villages to finally reach Kalikashthan. Enjoy the compelling views of the Pokhara city and Begnas Tal from the top of Kalikashthan, stay the night in Kalikashthan.[/su_service]
Day 3: Kalikashthan to Lamakhet.
Today you will start your walking journey, the trail to Lamakhet will take about 6 hours in total. Walk on the easy path along the terraced farmlands through rural villages of mixed ethnicity until you reach Mardi Khola. Follow the easy trek from here along the Mardi Khola riverbank that will make you pass the villages of Bhaise and Nawaldana till you finally reach Lamakhet. Enjoy the beautiful views of the surrounding green hills in Lamakhet and spend a quaint night here.
Day 4: Lamakhet to Siklis.
The trail from Lamakhet to Siklis will take around 6 hours in total and will be mostly on a flat terrain along the river banks to Khilan Gaon. The trail from here passes through the Parju village and rises gradually. From Parju village, follow the uphill trek to finally reach Siklis village. Siklis is one of the oldest and the largest Gurung village. Explore the village and the culture of the locals, spend the night in Siklis.
Day 5: Siklis to Galekharka via Nyauli Kharka.
Today’s trek to Galekharka will take you through the Nyauli Kharka (forest camp). It takes around 4 hours from Siklis through the Rhododendron and oak forests on an ascending trail to reach Nyauli Kharka. Enjoy the thrilling Nyauli Kharka, surrounded by dense jungles and lack of human interference. From Nyauli Kharaka, walk for another long 5 hours to reach Galekharka or Ghale Gaon.
The flat trail passes through beautiful Rhododendron forests and you will be crossing the highest point of the journey today. From the highest point or the pass, follow the descending trail to reach the beautiful Galekharka village. The village is mostly populated with Gurung and Magar community and is an ideal place to rest the night.[/su_service]
Day 6: Galekharka to Pokhara via Hyangja.
You have reached the climax of the journey as you head towards the end. Today you will be traveling back to Pokhara and will enjoy a great night in the ‘Lake City’. The first of the journey will be on a walking trail to Hyangja, and from Hyangja a beautiful drive along the vivid landscapes to reach the incredible Pokhara. Explore the lake shores and fill your soul with the utmost optimism in Pokhara, stay the night here.
Day 7: Back to Kathmandu from Pokhara.
The journey comes to a conclusion as you head towards Kathmandu, Enjoy the 7 hours drive along the beautiful landscapes, villages, forests, and farmlands. Spend the rest of the day exploring the capital. Try the mouth-watering culinary dishes Kathmandu has to offer, indulge in the rich culture of the region, and do some souvenir shopping to take back home, stay the last night in Nepal in Kathmandu.[/su_service]
Day 8: Final Departure
Your journey comes to end as you head towards your hometown to resume your daily life. Cherish the beautiful memories of the amazing journey and plan your next trip in heart of Nepal for yet another thrilling experience.
Submit your review