Upper Dolpo Trek, 25 Nights 26 Days.
Region: Himalayan Ranges in Nepal.
Upper Dolpo Trek Type: Group Adventure.
Trek Begins and Ends at: Kathmandu/Kathmandu.
Trekking Duration: 25 Nights / 26 Days.
The difficulty level of Upper Dolpo Trek: Moderate.
Maximum Altitude Gain: 5,360 meters / 17,581 feet.
Type of Accommodation during Upper Dolpo Trek: Tent/Guest House.
A long journey of around 26 days to one of the most fascinating destinations of Nepal, the Upper Dolpo Trek is a journey of a lifetime promising to reward the trekkers with the best of nature and a thrilling adventure. The trail passes through a number of intriguing Villages and surreal locations. As the trekker cross the Himalayan Passes, the brilliant sights of the Phoksundo Lake unfold in a grand manner. Shey Gompa is an important landmark in this enchanting journey. The Trans Himalayan trade route is a joy to walk on, and the stupendous beauty of the Himalayan Landscape is certainly a sight to savor.
Traveling opens up new doors, helps you rediscover your soul, aids in providing you a healthier life and trains you in making the right decisions in life. The beauty of travel is to visit the new destinations, meet the new people and explore new culture you will encounter whenever you visit a new place. Every place is different and every place has something new to offer.
The Upper Dolpo Trek in Nepal is a 27 days trek through interesting villages and vivid landscapes. You will get to enjoy the serenity of the Phoksundo Lake and dense forests along the way. You will also meet many new people and this journey will be etched in your heart forever.
- Airport pick-up and drop-offs to the international terminal.
- Domestic airport transfers.
- All meals during the trek (Vegetarian).
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (2 nights).
- Local transports.
- Accommodation during the trekking period.
- Domestic return flights (If applicable).
- Certified guide.
- Trek completion certificate by Nepal Govt.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- The porter will carry only one luggage per person.
- All necessary permits.
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
Please Note: For single trekker we provide porter cum guide.
What it does not include?
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
- Drinking water throughout the trip.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates Etc.
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight cancellation, health or any other reason.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Nepalese visa fee. (For Non-Indian and Non-Nepali customers)
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance, and other travel insurance.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s).
- Trekking Bag.
- UV Protected Sun Glasses.
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes (Preferably Water Proof).
- Trekking Poles.
- Crocs Shoes/sandal.
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets.
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack.
- Good jacket to protect from cold.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Thermals – Top and Bottom.
- Poncho (for rain).
- Knee Cap 1 Pair.
- 1 quick drying towel.
- Sunblocks (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sunblocks.
- Toilet Paper.
- Wet-Tissue Papers/ Baby Wipes.
- Headlamp, Torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking Socks.
- Gaiters for hiking in winter.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- 2 lightweight trekking pants.
- 3 lightweight trekking T-Shirt.
- 4 pairs trekking socks.
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates.
- Small, basic first aid kit(a cough and/or cold medicine, headache pills etc.).
We recommend and request for using natural stream water for drinking purpose. This can be purified using the water purifying drops/tablets. We have two reasons to request this to you, 1: It helps in not dumping plastic in the world’s remotest area and 2: its saves your money as mineral water price is very high in trekking zone.