Upper Mustang Trek, 16 Nights 17 Days.
Region: Himalayan Ranges in Nepal.
Upper Mustang Trek Type: Group Adventure.
Trek Begins and Ends at: Kathmandu/Kathmandu.
Trekking Duration: 16 Nights / 17 Days.
The difficulty level of Upper Mustang Trek: Moderate.
Maximum Altitude Gain: 3,810 meters / 12,500 feet.
Type of Accommodation during Upper Mustang Trek: Tent/Guest House.
A journey into the wilderness of remote Nepal filled with a barren landscape, the Upper Mustang Trek is a journey of an incomparable thrill for a total of 17 days. The treeless landscape and the rocky trail add an exclusivity to the region. The views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Nilgiri among the other Himalayan Peaks are quite fascinating. Kathmandu is the very first stop on the journey, where one gets to witness the rich culture, traditions, and heritage of Nepal and also the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kagbeni – Chele – Syanbochen – Ghami – Tsarang – Lo Manthang – Drakmar – Ghiling – Chhuksam – Jomsom – Pokhara – Kathmandu is the best route to follow for a pukka trekking experience.
When it comes to travel, Trekking is one such important branch of the huge tree that has gained attention over the years. A trek journey packs the right proportion of adventure and thrill and serves with the best experience.
The Upper Mustang Trek in Nepal gives you an insight of the local culture, the barren rocky landscapes, and some ecstatic views of the Annapurna massifs, Dhaulagiri, and Nilgiri. Check out the 17 days itinerary to have a closer look at the journey.
- Airport pick-up and drop-offs to the international terminal.
- Domestic airport transfers.
- All meals during the trek (Vegetarian).
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (2 nights).
- Local transports.
- Accommodation during the trekking period.
- Domestic return flights (If applicable).
- Certified guide.
- Trek completion certificate by Nepal Govt.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- The porter will carry only one luggage per person.
- All necessary permits.
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
Please Note: For single trekker we provide porter cum guide.
What it does not include?
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
- Drinking water throughout the trip.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates Etc.
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight cancellation, health or any other reason.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Nepalese visa fee. (For Non-Indian and Non-Nepali customers)
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance, and other travel insurance.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s).
- Trekking Bag.
- UV Protected Sun Glasses.
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes (Preferably Water Proof).
- Trekking Poles.
- Crocs Shoes/sandal.
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets.
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack.
- Good jacket to protect from cold.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Thermals – Top and Bottom.
- Poncho (for rain).
- Knee Cap 1 Pair.
- 1 quick drying towel.
- Sunblocks (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sunblocks.
- Toilet Paper.
- Wet-Tissue Papers/ Baby Wipes.
- Headlamp, Torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking Socks.
- Gaiters for hiking in winter.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- 2 lightweight trekking pants.
- 3 lightweight trekking T-Shirt.
- 4 pairs trekking socks.
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates.
- Small, basic first aid kit(a cough and/or cold medicine, headache pills etc.).
We recommend and request for using natural stream water for drinking purpose. This can be purified using the water purifying drops/tablets. We have two reasons to request this to you, 1: It helps in not dumping plastic in the world’s remotest area and 2: its saves your money as mineral water price is very high in trekking zone.