- Duration 8 Nights / 9 Days.
- Indian Price Call Us
- Best Time May
- Difficulty Level Moderate
|Region||Himalayan Ranges in Nepal.|
|Tour Activity Type:||Group Adventure.|
|Group Size:||Not Described|
|Duration:||8 Nights / 9 Days.|
|Best time to travel||May|
|Approx Trekking Km||Not Described|
|Trip Begins and Ends at||Kathmandu/Kathmandu.|
|Maximum Altitude Gain||4,100 meters / 13,541 feet. T|
|Type of Accommodation||Not Described|
The route that opened its gates in the recent times, the Mardi Himal Trek in the Annapurna Region is a great way to witness the supreme raw beauty of nature, the mountain landscapes and the Rhododendron and Oak Forests. The sights of the Annapurna, Mardi Himal, and Mt. Machhapuchare are the major attraction of the journey, while the walk through the remoteness of the traditional villages is a cherishing experience. The trail passes through the fast streams, dense Rhododendron and Oak Forests and as the route climbs up, the magnificent views of Hiunchuli and Dhaulagiri along with the Annapurna Group of Peaks can be seen. It is a great opportunity to enjoy the very best of the trekking trails.
Trekking is the most exciting part of traveling that has been popular among the travel enthusiasts for quite a long time now. Trekking allows you to explore the less-traveled places through the beautiful landscapes and adventurous paths. The rivers, mountains, villages, valleys, forests appeal to a lot of people who likes to travel.
The Mardi Himal trek in Nepal is a relatively newer destination in the Annapurna region east of the Modi Khola river across the Hiunchuli valley. Mt. Annapurna, Mardi Himal, Mt. Macchapuchare are among the majestic ranges you will witness along with Rhododendron and pine forests. The walk through the rural villages gives an insight into the culture and lifestyle of the people who have not witnessed mass tourism as yet. The 10 days itinerary will guide you in planning better for the trip.
What does it include?
- Airport pick-up and drop-offs to the international terminal.
- Domestic airport transfers.
- All meals during the trek (Vegetarian).
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (2 nights).
- Local transports.
- Accommodation during the trekking period.
- Domestic return flights (If applicable).
- Certified guide.
- Trek completion certificate by Nepal Govt.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- The porter will carry only one luggage per person.
- All necessary permits.
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader).
Please Note: For single trekker we provide porter cum guide.
What it does not include?
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
- Drinking water throughout the trip.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates Etc.
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight cancellation, health or any other reason.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Nepalese visa fee.(For Non Indian and Non Nepali customers)
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance and other travel insurance.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
Items to bring with you
- Trekking Bag.
- UV Protected Sun Glasses.
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes (Preferably Water Proof).
- Trekking Poles.
- Crocs Shoes/sandal.
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets.
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack.
- Good jacket to protect from cold.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Thermals – Top and Bottom.
- Poncho (for rain).
- Knee Cap 1 Pair.
- 1 quick drying towel.
- Sunblocks (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sunblocks.
- Toilet Paper.
- Wet-Tissue Papers/ Baby Wipes.
- Headlamp, Torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking Socks.
- Gaiters for hiking in winter.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- 2 lightweight trekking pants.
- 3 lightweight trekking T-Shirt.
- 4 pairs trekking socks.
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates.
- Small, basic first aid kit( a cough and/or cold medicine, headache pills etc.).
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu
Like every other trekking journey in heart of Nepal, the Poonhill trek also marks it’s beginning with your arrival in the capital of Nepal, Kathmandu. Rich in culture and heritage, Kathmandu has a lot to explore. From the beautiful monasteries spread all around the city to the incredible UNESCO World Heritage Sights, Kathmandu has all and is set amazingly amidst the vivid landscapes of tall distant mountains. Spend the day exploring the culture and traditions of the country, indulge in interactions with the locals and try the finest and most authentic Nepalese cuisine here in Kathmandu. Stay the night in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara, Drive to Phedi, and trek to Potana.
It is a long day today as you will be covering a number of destinations on your way to Potana. Though the final destination, Potana has to be traveled on foot, the halts in between are covered in a drive. Enjoy the mountain roads, terraced farmlands, and rural villages on your way to the ‘Lake City’, Pokhara and follow on the journey to reach Phedi. From Phedi, you will be starting off with the walking journey and cross a number of jungles and villages through Deurali to Potana. Stay the night in Potana.[/su_service]
Day 3: Potana to Forest camp (3,150 meters/10,334 feet).
Today you will be traveling to your first viewpoint located at an elevation of 3550m. The trail runs through beautiful villages and pasture lands for about 6 hours till you reach your primary destination, the forest camp. Enjoy the enthralling views from the viewpoint and stay the night here.
Day 4: Forest camp (3,150 meters/10,334 feet) to Low Camp (3,150 meters/10,334 feet).
After your exciting stay at the forest camp, today you will be traveling to your next stop the low camp. Follow the trail through thrilling jungles and lush green vegetation with exciting views accompanying you for about 5 hours to reach Low camp. Spend the night in the basic standards of the Low camp.
Day 5: Low Camp (3,150 meters/10,334 feet) to High Camp (4,100 meters/13,451 feet).
The High camp is located at an elevation of 4550m. Start the day early after breakfast and set out on the exciting journey forward through jungles and farmlands for about 6 hours to reach the destination. The trek presents you with panoramic views of the distant mountains. Enjoy the serene walk till you reach High camp, stay the night here.
Day 6: Explore the High Camp and then walk to Siding.
The high camp is an amazing place to enjoy the beauty of nature at its very best. The exciting views and the vivid landscapes call for a lot to explore in the region. Stroll around the area and collect some memories to take back home. After exploration walk on the trail for around 6 hours, we reach Siding village. Enjoy the walk through a small village and farmlands to reach Siding where you will be staying in the night.
Day 7: Drive from Siding to Pokhara.
The journey comes to an end as you head backward and reach the beautiful city of Pokhara. The drive will be of around 4 hours through some really gaping scenic beauties compelling landscapes. Pokhara is called the ‘Lake City’ owing to the vast and beautiful lakes present there. Spend the day exploring the gompas in the region and take a stroll in the lake shores of the vast calm lakes. You can also choose to enjoy a boating ride in the lake. Spend the night in Pokhara.
Day 8: Drive or Fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Today the journey concludes as you head back to the capital. The beautiful journey comes to an end as you enjoy the final ride to the capital. Enjoy the 8 hours ride through the vivid landscapes as you reach Kathmandu. Spend the day strolling around the colorful streets and the marketplaces. Do some souvenir shopping for your loved ones back home and spend the final night in Kathmandu.
Day 9: Final Departure.
The journey ends as you fly back to your hometown to resume the daily life. Cherish the beautiful memories of the amazing trekking journey and plan your next trip in the adventurous country of Nepal. Nepal has much more to offer than you can imagine.
Submit your review